Monday, March 12, 2012

Online Poker Strategy & Tips

Playing poker is one of my greatest past time hobbies. Since the day I started playing up to now, being dealt with bullets really puts a smile on my face. But, as far as I could recall, not all the time that I have bullets that I won the round. Honestly, most of the time I fold AA.

AA is poker’s highest pair and definitely the greatest starting hand every player always dreamed of having. But the effectiveness of this pair totally depends on how you play it on the poker table. If your poker skill is a bit unstable or you are admittedly inexperience of the game, winning with bullets would depend on how lucky you really are.

Online Poker Strategy

We must understand that AA is not typically the kind of hand that would bring you most of the winning. It is just a pair and can be defeated by a three of a kind and beyond. A pair is one of the lowest hand ranks according to the standard poker hand rankings chart. But not all the time a player can achieve a ranking hand such as full house, straight and flush, thus that leaves a pair as the common hand to compete for players on the poker table. And from there, everything depends on hints and actions players take.

What I usually do when served with pocket rockets is to impulsively increase my bet size up to certain times enough to ring every opponent on the table that I have a competitive hand. This I do before the pre-flop. This tactic basically distracts confidence and force each of them to fold. But with a player having a suited, high card, or another pair in hand, will basically call, thus responding he too has a good hand. If in case the surprising bet size pinned all of them to fold, then no worries, at least I did a 50/50 bait.

Okay, so I lost you there with the 50/50 bait mentioned. Well, if another player is very confident with his hand called and would even re-raise my bet, I should start calculating the implied odds. Because, when the flop turns up and none of the cards could improve my current hand, then I am in trouble and folding is my resort to save something for the next round. As mentioned above, AA is just a pair. And as the round continues, the probability of winning with AA shakes down while luck shakes up reversely. Thus, I should know how much I am willing to lose from this point, if in case everything proceeds to the next round.

0 comments:

Post a Comment